Sunday, June 06, 2010

Under the Plum

I really need to b more active. I always think I am going to me active, every summer especially but what do I do? I just sit round and for the4 most read. Its Sunday afternoon an the most energetic thing I have done was go over to my daughters house for her birthday breakfast and cake and granted Friday I did some shopping but other then that I have chosen to sit on my ramp under the plum trees reading and watching the neighborhood go bye. It not that I am trapped or anything nefarious I just get great enjoyment reading on my ramp. Like yesterday, Bridget called and invited Dianne to the movies. This could have been a moment of escape, as if I needed such an excuse. I had money in my pocket a full tank of gas and the whole city to explore but I chose to read my book.

The weather has finally started to act like Summer with clear skies and warm temperatures. Mark A. and Jasmine was over on Friday and mowed the lawn as usual. Thursday was Mark’s birthday and I made sloppy joes and we celebrated at house when Mark finished the lawn. Dianne made a beautiful cake which we devoured following the sloppy joes. I am still suffering in my loaner power chair but not as bad as before and hopefully the motors are and I can get my own chair back tomorrow or day after. I am thinking once I am back in my trusty powerchair with the”lean back” feature I will start being more active—but some how I don’t think it will happen. Maybe that’s where I am in life reading , hen I can, under the plum trees on my ramp.

No comments: