Friday, November 30, 2012

Broken Heart

So there I am sitting like a dufuss as Katia sifts through my ever growing medical file and I see her actually blanch as she reads through the material garnered from my four day stay in the hospital last August. She just sort of stared at my chart talking to herself saying something like ‘ I cannot believe I did not see this’. Clearly she is reading something important and I am just sitting there. I sense Dianne is concerned as well but I am oblivious watching the scene unfold, like watching an episode from “Grays Anatomy” except I am one of the actors, guest star, of the week.


I have had a couple of days to ponder and research the world of pericardial cysts, Dianne has been researching as well and on first blush things look better then they sounded but because my pericardial cyst presents with complications everyone seems more concerned than I would like. I am trying to compartmentalize the issue and stash it away in its little place until the issue needs closer scrutiny or action. But, still, this pericardial cyst is new territory something really pushing on my comfort zone and just maybe drop me further into the medical/healthcare system.
So here I sit here, answering phones, and dancing round medical websites on pericardial cysts and how they may influence my life. I am waiting for the doc to call and let me know what the next course of action will be. I kinda hope I don’t hear anything until Monday allowing me to have at least a great weekend.



No comments: