Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Week


Blog--November 18, 2012 Sunday

It's Sunday night, and I am preparing to go back to work tomorrow. It's a short week, it's Thanksgiving week so three days of work the holiday and then Friday which is a day of work but not really. I'm sure the calls will be coming in and the calls will be desperate as the calls always seemed to be when calling 211 – – the last vessel of hope for many of these folks. But still I'm sure most of the plate administrative team will be out on holiday so even with the grim calls I'm sure there'll be the day will still be a lite day and then the weekend.

Spent the day, naked working on the house, washing dishes messing around the computer room and washing the shower door in the bathroom. The shower door also acts as a full-length mirror and has gotten pretty spotted and dirty with the splashing water over the last year or so and I've had a mind to take some windex to it for some time. I got to the job today I did the best job I could for this late today but I'm pretty tired and just give it the once over. I also swept out the bathroom and I want to get to somehow scrubbing the floor shortly but probably not today. I have the pleasure of knowing the door looks better than it did.

DD is prepping for colonoscopy I do not envy her but has to be done. I've done it twice now and on both I have been lucky nothing has turned up that should not of been there. I hope and pray DD is as lucky as me. Bridget, lovely Bridget, will be taking her mom back and forth from the procedure tomorrow. It is really nice to have family around to help out on these kinds of things. Bridget and Gabe have been bringing dinner over the past couple weekends that is nice. Many times the meals are not what we would've eaten that still the food has been good filled with protein and love. I am wondering as Dianne I age if this is how things will go more and more support from the kids. I don't know if it's the way it's supposed to be that somehow feels right. Family, near and far, taking care of each other the best they can.

So pending on the immediate outcome of the colonoscopy and our energy levels we will get the bird out of the freezer start defrosting. I have not heard of any major get-togethers for the holiday which is okay. If nothing else Dianne and I both have the perfect little Thanksgiving dinner and if we have others all the better. But as of yet, nothing is planned. It's Thanksgiving week the rain fell today the temperatures have risen and the snow that fell last week is gone. Life goes on and tomorrow I know there will be call after call after call looking for the free Thanksgiving basket which includes all the fixings for a perfect American Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: