Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rerun



Snow fell again last night and this morning covering all the work I did on the ramp yesterday. Snow fell yesterday and I was a bit surprised at how much snow did fall. Actually the snow came down on Christmas Eve and I let the snow stand over the holiday but yesterday decided to get dressed And at least get the ramp cleared to the point that I would be able to get down the ramp needed. I realized getting up around if needed could be a bit tenuous oncoming home from work and driving up the ramp. I slipped and slided all over the place getting up but I made it.

I jumped into my power chair for the project and actually just put on my hoodie because I figured I'll Moving so much that the black hoodie would be all I needed to stay warm. Luckily Dianne had left snow shovel within easy reach the front door but even so I had to travel small way down the ramp and I got stuck! I then had a good 5 min. of rocking and rolling chair to get enough traction to overcome the slippery snowpack. I had just begin moving snow when my cell phone rang it was L Michelle and I rolled back into the house where we chatted for more than an hour. The call with L Michelle was one of the best I've ever had—I was taken back to the old kid days, we would talk forever it seemed. Michele's kids are gone to their dads for a week so she had time to visit without interruption. It was a good call I'm glad she called.

I forgot how cold I tend to get in the winter and I did get chilled moving the snow. I got stuck numerous times but freed myself easily enough. There were a couple times I got a little worried when I had to really work at free myself but I had taken great to make sure I had myself on with me. I did not do as good a job as I would've liked on the ramp, Dianne would've done much better and quicker but I felt good about the work I did. So much so I decided to give myself a treat and buy dinner at Subway. I had no problem maneuvering myself up the street. The streets were clear I had no problem. By the time I got home I was cold but I watch television all night with the heater on and I was pretty toasty. Diane called and we had a short chat.

I was a bit dismayed on looking out my window this morning to see new snow I just couldn't do it especially with more snow forecast for today and tomorrow. So I will wait till Saturday before clearing the ramp again.I must admit I'm getting bored knowing I'm sort of locked in the house. I may just get up get dressed tomorrow and shovel the ramp again and head back up to State Street.

No comments: