Sunday, January 06, 2013

Freezer Time

I cannot believe I let my blog linger six days into the new year – – I don't have the excuse exit just plain laziness and possibly the weather. A major cold front has moved into the Salt Lake Valley and it's whipping my ass. The temperature is really no colder that has been in other years but for some reason, this year I'm having a more difficult time dealing with the severity of the cold. I'm doing all the usual things like wearing two shirts, wearing my great yellow coat and scarf and gloves. And I'm okay when I am out in the element but I can't be out very long.I'm sure thankful that I got vaccinated for the flu, I really think this is saved my bacon the last couple years.

The new year has been okay no trauma speak of, DD returned home from a mega-visit to Vancouver and we had visitors from Saudi – – Rebecca and John, two of our favorite people. We see them sporadically when they get leave from their Middle East duties and do a sweep of the US touching families and friends have left behind. A visit from Rebecca and John is always high priority but this visit we played it low key and had homemade meals and I think everybody was happy especially me. Red beans and rice and some kind of red snapper in a bag everyone was happy and everyone visited for the short time we had to be together.

My work has also transitioned into the new year, we're becoming deluged with calls from people needing to have their taxes done. This seems to be an annual event up there with sub for Santa and Thanksgiving turkeys. I'm going to have to to be specially trained to assist with this project but I'm sure it can be any more taxing than Angel tree. The funny thing is I well transitioned out of the workforce right in the middle of this project in mid February. It is getting weird now as I close in on the last month of my labors at 211. I have agreed to continue volunteering at least one day a week, Mondays, which is the 211 heavy day. I will also stay attached to 211 as a volunteer to assist with the disability training transition. This coming week on Tuesday I will be presenting to the Council about the transition. I am planning to have the Vista volunteer who has worked so hard on this transition to assist me explain some of the intricacies of the training module he has developed. I'm up for this sense having Clark there will take pressure off me.

It is the cold time of the year, slowly ever so slowly the hours of daylight grow but the temperature has plummeted and I roll around in the freezer.

No comments: