Thursday, March 21, 2013

Night Terrors


Blog March 21, 2013

Something is going on I'm not sure what is, but whatever it is it is affecting my sleep. The last couple nights I've woken at three o'clock in the morning or earlier and not been able to really get back to sleep. Last night was really weird I woke up almost totally congested. I could barely breathe out my nose. I started drinking all the water I could from the container I keep it the head of the bed. This finally kicked him particularly after a drug myself up to a sitting position. I also noted I was feeling slightly terrified. Not screaming terrified just upset enough not to be of sleep. I read an hour then eventually got back to sleep for just a little bit. I guess I'm okay today functioning on his little sleep as I have had but I just hate waiting three hours of the night open for sleep.

Well I waited there waiting for sleep I came upon but I feel maybe the problem. I think I'm feeling stress at the lack of structure to my life now. I think my brain is beginning to see how wide open retirement might be or can be. I think this is what I am feeling the stress from causing my night terrors. I am really hoping that some of the ideas I've been having may fill up this void. I also think I am missing the daily contact with people. I hate to think I am that people dependent but who knows? So I've got lots to do develop my time.

One item that I am getting excited about is reentering the Wellness Program offered by the University of Utah rehabilitation center. This was the program, you might remember, that focused on physically tuning up my body. The Wellness Program is a less expensive alternative to physical therapy. The problem I had with the wellness program was bad the program is only offered in the later hours of the afternoon usually from three to about 7 PM. While I was working I just could not see myself physically working out after a full day of work. Now however that work is a thing of the past feel more open to the program even at its late hour. Still I would much rather have my program earlier in the day. But I'm willing to try the program at the stated time and see how I do. I'm really hoping the increased physical workout well decrease the amount of spasticity I have recently been experiencing.I'm currently in a holding pattern as I am having to have my medical provider send the various prescriptions and requests needed to enter this program. Then once that information has been sent I will have three visits which will be establishing baseline information and tolerances to physical activity. Of course all of which will be attached to my insurance. Oh well I've met my deductible for this year so use it well I can.

Another item of interest will be contacting the local senior center, Heritage Center and see about becoming active in their program and seeing what I might be able to do at that center. This will take some sneaking up on but it might be fun. And lastly I still want to produce some more interview programs similar to what I did with Access Utah Network. So, I feel if I can get some of these items up and functioning maybe I will be less terrified into night.

No comments: