Friday, January 03, 2014

Back In The World



My optomistic view of 2014 continues in to day three of this new year. Yesterday my chair technician came by the house and installed thenthe castor that DeeDee found over the holiday. It was good that Dianne found the wheel since the tech was not able to find the castor he thought he had access too. Since he was at the house I also had him tighten the bolts on my hand brakes and the I also had him adjust the axels on the manual chairs which is great. Now, I have a new chair and my usual chair safe and secure. I am really excited. I am also very excited about the replacement castor allowing me to get back into my life. We also spoke ordering a set of castors all the way around and maybe even getting the one connecting piece on my replacement replaced be for the bearing in it seizes up. We decided that I would submit these into insurance and see how much if any they would cover—who knows. I left my technician with the promise that if the insurance did not cover these things I would sure as hell go to him. I mean I really appreciate the fact that this guy actually came to my house and worked on my equipment is desperate to have some sort of positive experience with my equipment needs. But much rather give my money to him than to the faceless monsters of the insurance industry Now, I just have to see if the insurance will still cover the seat base after I had the present base worked on and repaired.the new seat base would probably cost any area of $2000 so why make sure, really sure, that my ducks in a row and I'm not going to get burned by this whole transaction. It's sort of like moving a chess piece in a row critical area is about all the different possibilities before you remove your hand from that piece if you don't the consequences are always dreadful.

I just returned from Wellness, the first workout since December 11 or 12 and the first were Of the new year and I must say it felt good. It was good seeing some real faces and meeting some of the new staff and most of all it was great getting back into my routine. I can only say my time on the Saratoga Silver reinforces my desire to get some sort of upper body cardio workout machine.It was a light turnout this afternoon at the rehab facility which is okay. I did spend some time talking with another okay, more than I usually do. He's interested, retired military, a lot of fluff , bravado, military machoism but I can do like all things considered. So I did my workout reconnected with staff and other Wellness participants was kind of fun. It's Friday night now and I'm going to have to wait till after next Monday before I go into Wellness again. I can't wait, it's good to have something to look forward to even if it's just working out and maybe dropping some weight.



No comments: