Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Making a Difference



I am such a dork but this week I had some intangible proof of me having made a difference in my life if not anyone else s. It started a few months ago with the onset of cold weather and me having to wear a heavy jacket, the kind which would have to be hung up if I went somewhere. It seems the only place I go anymore is the Wellness program at the Rehab center.

When I usually just dump my coat on my backpack which I usually just leve by the counter where the check in tablets are kept. The jacket is out of the way but still my trainer started complaining that I was leaving my stuff just anywhere and I respnded pointing out the only place to put coats is on a set of hooks way too high for a wheelchair user to use and again the irony of a facility which should be catering to people with disabilities have something as basic as a coat rack out of reach. So when I get there I had to have someone hang my jacket and leaving I had to have someone retrieve the garment—just grinds my teeth. So I have been complaining and finally got to the boss of the place a guy I call Father Kameron. Father K is a great guy and seems to be responsive.


Yesterday I got to Wellness and was pleased to find a new hat rack down at my level, had been installed. I know this would not have happened this soon if I had not been effective at some level. You can make a difference...that is so corny 

No comments: