Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Excitement

Blog 010114
I just realized this morning that New Years Day blogs are easier to write then New Year's Eve blogs or the entire last week of the year,that we refer to as the “hang time”. Very similar to write a blog in the morning versus the evening as I'm doing now. This morning when I started this posting I felt awake motivated and even excited post the first blog of the year. Now the good eight hours later after making a robust winter soup feeling a little less excited but I am going to go through the process anyway. I doubt if I will make my 500 words but we'll see.

I believe I touched on this concept a little last year at this time when I went on about how the new year suddenly mean something different to me than it used to. How excited I am now celebrating the new year. I've lived through another year and I'm going to at least, start the new year where I can achieve and try to achieve things that are important to me. Before recently this concept was lost on me. A new year was just a year and event on the calendar nothing more nothing less. Perhaps a little more effort in year-end reporting when I was working and possibly some of those touchy-feely things that bosses like to keep on their employees in order to increase productivity. Now since most bosses are older maybe it is a gift from the senior to encourage the Junior could do as much in this year as they can because the senior notes that time is running out. So I am going to stop short of producing a list of goals in both points of things I commit to achieve this year I am going to put down a short list of things I would like to work on. Perhaps the most important is better communication with my family and particularly my grandchildren. I have really neglected this task – – task might be the wrong word, responsibility? It's still something I need to do better communication or I can.

I want to sketch more. Last night or this morning I was on the Internet looking at information on using the art program on my tablet and how to use the program better. I wandered around a number of sketch art sites and came away with you need to maybe do 10,000 sketches before you start getting material that you want or sketch results that you want. This makes a lot of sense to me. I really want to produce better artwork but I have not had time. The Internet says I have to put the time in. One artist says they do one sketchbook, a month. Doesn't have to be perfect art just has to be sketched out in the sketchbook. I can do that I got materials now I just must not defeat myself by not sketching. I love sketch I think I'm just frightened end I must get over that.

I need/want to get my equipment running properly. I'm currently wrestling with some issues on my power chair and hopefully this will be resolved shortly. I want to take action when I noticed an issue not wait until I'm dragging my ass on the ground.

I want to fully commit to the Wellness program. I want to invest in some physical equipment that will allow me to achieve Wellness results at home. In the meantime, once I get my power chair optional fully again, I want to be at Wellness at least three days a week as well as work with Dianne to go swimming. The end result aside from a better functioning and better looking body is to drop a significant amount of weight that should help in all my ADLs

I need to focus on better interactions with current and old friends. I need to limit the amount of computer time that currently enjoy and spend more time in the reality of here and now. I still think Facebook relationship is important but not important to the point of neglecting real time friends.

This is a start, these are areas, to work on that I can feel excited about now. The real proof is how I feel and what I write on the last day of this year in 12 months.


No comments: