Monday, March 05, 2007

Back










I suppose you have noted that I have not posted in two days which were weekend days and why? The reason has been we have been without heat for more then a week, or maybe just one week. The good part is that we are almost at the Spring equinox so the outside temps have been rising which means the inside temps are bearable if you know the days will be eve warmer and the bad part Is the we are still in winter and the outside temps are still cold and the inside temps are a just almost bearable. We have been using the little heater I got over Christmas, we have the oven turned on to bake with the door wide open and Dianne will through blankets in the dryer run five or ten minutes and then bring them up and wrap me up in them. We have been trying not to have call “Mr $90.00” just to come out to look at your problem Guy. Dianne ventured under the house, in the dreaded crawl space to where the furnace lives, or used to, to see if she could pump the furnace back to life. We were hoping the problem was something as simple as a pilot light. But Dianne could not find anything as simple as just relighting a pilot light to solve our problem. This is a long explanation for not posting but my hands were too cold (literally) and so was I. It was just too cold for my poor disabled hands to type. I spent the weekend going to the store and shopping at the market to stay as warm as I could. I should have gone to the movies but I had too much to do: I had to work on the website, spend my birthday gift card to Best Buy and to check to see if my camera had been repaired. But eventually I had to return to house the cold, cold house. So we finally decided we had to bite the bullet and call the furnace guy. Dianne called a little earlier today and the furnace guy is coming out this afternoon to hopefully get the heat flowing again. I stopped at Compusa and asked about my camera and sure enough it was in and probably had been all week. Compusa was to have supposed to call me and I know no one has called. So the camera has just been sitting there. Get this Compusa could not fix the camera so they just gave me a new one. I gave the camera to Dianne so we both have the same camera. We have to put our names on our camera now.
We got the dog, Ginger, spade and neutered last week so she had been going crazy wearing one of those funnels round her head so she can get to her wounds. So Ginger has been being her monstrous self now blindly blundering into everything round house. She is healing ok, and should get the head thing off by the end of the week. We continue to housebreak this dog of great well and hope we do not kill her first. I am so excited that as the temperature raises and I can justify keeping Ginger locked out of the house for hours. Today the temps is the mid-forties and the mid-fifties by the end of the week, so things are looking up. I have included a couple of images of dog in anti-licking device. So maybe the house will be warm when I get home.

No comments: