Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home Again

There was just too much happening yesterday for me to write anything. I was

slammed. Today is Council and today looks to be very much the same. But I am starting the blog early enough I will get some moments throughout the day to get my 500 words in. Council Day is always hectic as staff run back and forth getting ready for them meeting. A lot of Council calls too, we will come out of the day with way more calls then we usually get. Coffee made, chairs set up, name tags laid out—looks like its going to be a meeting.

It’s already nearly lunch time and between council members coming into the office or, actually into my office and having a conversation and phone calls for staff or questions about the Council meeting I have not got anything productively done. I just let the cater in to set up today’s lunch and I’ll go into the transportation meeting after lunch. Lasagna, garlic bread, salad and fruit salad. This was actually a good lunch meat lasagna! Nothing I hate more then the smell of what promises to be a beautiful lasagna only to find out at serving that the lasagna is vegetable lasagna. I do not know why vegetable lasagna has this effect on me but VL does.

Good news bad new the good news is that Diane stopped at the pound yesterday morning and got the dog. The bad news is Dianne stopped at the pound and got the dog. We were fined $50.00 for the weekend. We figured we got off light in that a good kennel would have cost the same. We finished getting her tags though so now she is a legal ‘begal’ actually a Vizsla. She seemed little worse for the wear of being pounded with the common canines for the weekend. She did seem a little quieter when I got home. He funnel was gone and Ginger seems to be fully healed from her recent surgery. By the end of the evening, how ever, Ginger is back to being her old self welled pain in the butt, self. The weather has finally turned nice, really nice and I think I or someone else is just going to have to take the dog out and run her butt off.

The image I have posted for today is the sign at the top of the mini-high block used to access the train I use to get back and forth to work. It flat out says the ramps are for folks with disabilities only. It never ceases to amaze me when the train pulls up to a stop and there is a women with a buggy for triplets full of kids wanting to use the disability access point to gain access to the train. Some times the driver plays the tough guy and does not even open the door at which point the mom person either goes ballistic with rage or tears, either way. The guy with the disability is stuck in the middle again. We become the bad guys just for being there. Most of then times the driver just lets them on and does not say anything. Just like designated parking once established they are used by everyone except who they mere developed for.

No comments: