Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vacation Wednesday




It’s Wednesday and I am sitting home in front of my laptop blogging. I on vacation. I have got the word from my bos that she needs me to take more vacation, to use up some pile of Annual hours I have assembled. So I cut a deal: I intend to take every Wednesday from now till September first as vacation. Plus I intend to take a couple of day during August for the family reunion and later in December I’ll take the week between holidays and that should get my annual down to some manageable hours. I like this method of using time because of the way this use of time cuts the week in half. Two days and a Saturday and two days and the real Saturday and I never get the feeling I am burning out at work. I also have the advantage of having eight hours to conduct business, go to doctors, wheelchair repair and so forth without having to leave work and scurry during the working day. Like today, I actually made an appointment to have my power wheelchair repaired and then I stopped at my cousins to start the safety inspection for my van. I have pretty significant crack developing in the windshield and should I get a new windshield before I have the vehicle inspected. Scott, my cousin . was not sure but I made an appointment to start the process tomorrow, which I now realize I cannot make because I have appointment I will need my van for tomorrow at work and the next day for that matter.

The power chair went off better then I had anticipated. Indeed the connector in my control module had failed, it had broken, no doubt under the stress of having me as an operator, but fortunately Josh the shop manager was able to use another part from a “donor” which Josh gave me at no cost and charged me only a half hour for the work, which really was more like an hour. I felt so good I will be scheduling my chair for a tune up which will run me 75 dollars which I guess is ok because then the tech’s will develop a list that I can take back to my insurance provider to get very needed repairs done to my chair and I will be set for the winter.

The best part of my day was on my return trip I noticed a pile of scrap wood by a furniture shop right behind my home. I stopped, dismounted and asked if I could have a couple of pieces and they said I knew they would. I thru a couple of pieces int6o the truck and I plan to return when it’s cooler and I have someone more able bodied then I. I plan to really restock my hard wood supply and really focus n getting back into producing hooks. Chapman and I have started shooting the podcast and I am finding the experience more difficult then I realized. The first, informal shoot was Ok and very spontaneous but actually trying to do this with semi professional result is another story entirely. Mark was over last night and shared his new video camera with me. Maybe I can use mark to shoot some of these podcasts…this would be fun. I thin I am going to have a busy Summer.

No comments: