Saturday, September 26, 2009

Autumn Saturday

Dianne's sister has been town so we have been entertaining, tiring but fun--out to dinner yesteday and this morning we went up the canyon to Ruth's diner. twenty years ago I used to go up to Ruth's alot--it was a ' cool' place to go then and still looks like the 'cool' place to be now but now the place just seems pretentious, old'Boomer' and YUPs, aging 'Twenty-somethings and who knows what the new class is called. I had a good time with fam who was there--Bridget and Anakah. The food was good but not great--although the cooks tried--I mean really, oregano in cornede been hash!!? The como of flavor hit me like a sucker punch. The dish was OK but just not what I expected from corn beef hash at Ruth's. I had initially ordered biscuits and gravey, and again, the gravy was light on sausage and the biscuits, though monstrously huge tasted like Bisquick biscuits, just not what I would have expected. So I have half of each for tomorrow.

We returned to the house and visited more hours before Aunt Barb had to leave for the airport. The leave in the mountains are turning, and traffic and bikers light--it's been a fine Autumn day.........

No comments: