Thursday, August 19, 2010

Storm


I am finally waking up and it’s a little past two in the afternoon. It goes without saying that I did not sleep well last night and actually I thought that I had slept OK. I over slept even and that rarely happens. But I was able to get up get through my routine and up to the bus stop with plenty of time to spare. I could not shake the sleep no matter how I tried. I skipped my local breakfast so I booked over to the mall as soon as I got to theoffice and had opened it up and other staff had showed up so I dashed across the street to the mall and got a micky D breakfast :OJ, sausage breakfast sandwich and a breakfast sausage breakfast burrito and don’t forget the fried potato thing. Before I dashed over to the mall I made coffee or tried. We are seriously out of coffee and since Iam the only one drinking the stuff the whole coffee thing at the office is my responsibility.. I really thought I had enough java left to get me through the weekend since today is my Friday. So rather then jet me through my morning with my usual ten cup pot I was dragging through with a four cup load and that was pretty watered down. So I am way down on my caffeine levels.

Those who know my history know one of the reasons I am gulping my coffee now is not for the refreshing jag t my system as much as it is to hydrate my self since I am cutting down on my liquid intakes on the night side; trying to figure out a way to get thru the night with having to get up as little as possible.

All morning, outside my window I have been watching a bank of clouds get darker and darker and the sky looked as if the sky was going to rip open any second and downpour. The doun pour started about 11:15—the skies ripped open and the rains fell. IT almost looked like tornado weather. I sat in my office and enjoyed the cloud burst.


Today is also executive committee meeting for the Utah Development Disability Council, a noon meal. Traditionally meals are not provided to those who come—actually the council did provide meals until a year ago when the State Legislature mandated that offices like ours could no longer feed their councils—but anyway one of the council is pretty involved with CP and wanted some form of pasta. I looked out my window and it did appear as if the storm was abating and drawing to an end. Staff was busy and someone needed to fetch the noodles our council member wanted for his lunch. I figured the storm was now just sprinkling I would be OK and get a little damp. Wrong! There wad quite a bit of rain still falling and after I left the office the rain fell even harder. I was able to get the meals, get drenched and back in no time. I turned on my hair dryer and I was dryer in no time. I am still a little damp but not uncomfortable an I will dry before I have to leave for a American with Disabilities Act this afternoon when I have yet top catch another bus. The skies outside my window re blue now, the storm has passed and if I am lucky I will do the reception and get home dry to start my weekend.

No comments: