Saturday, September 11, 2010

Invisble Man


I got the system. I caved and fell back to my tried and true Toshiba Satellite. You, who are my regular readers well remember I left you with the feeling that I had mastered my wants and purchased the HP DV5. A system I did not feel terribly comfortable with but felt I would get used to like a pair of new shoes—really a person has to wear them to break them in. I had made my decision, spent the money I had saved and allocated and such a purchase and I was done. I was ready to move on and start using my new system.


I of course Facebooked my purchase and the feeling I was experiencing with the purchase I thought I sounded OK, just my usual cynical self forcing myself to live with my HP decision. I really felt Iw would eventually warm (most likely sooner then later) and be a happy camper. So yesterday when Mark A came over to mow the lawn he started asked me how I really liked my new system. I continued to hem and haw about the system and then Dianne joined the party and asked to forget about mowing the yard and would he please help his father take back the HP and get what his father really wanted. I had slipped somewhere along the way and mentioned that I had seen some Toshiba systems which were very nice but there was no way I was going to go into debt just to get a better machine. But, the people I love,saw me blink, I wavered and soon Mark A was madly tearing down the HP while I was finding my receipts and such and Dianne was busy pushing the both us towards the front door and out to the van.


Mark A won me over by telling me that with a purchase of this magnitude—I should exhibit joy and happiness. I tried to reason with him that I just did not do that. I was always cynical and almost angry with my purchases, know I was going to get screwed one way or the other. Mark A let me know that was not true and he saw me experience joy when I had purchased my last lap top or even the lathes and what I was exhibiting now was not happiness. So I went with my son and granddaughter to do battle with the sales crew of Best Buy.


I was amazed. I must admit the experience was not without stress but the return went hundreds of time better then I thought the experience would. My excuse was the computer I had purchased, keys were small and I had too much difficulty hitting the keys and I I needed something with bigger keys. The kid in the white shirt and skinny tie shrugged and called the manager over. I was tired and just wanted to get out of there but when the manager informed

me I would have to pay a percentage fee to restock the system I was returning I knew it was going to be a long night. ( Tomorrow “Happiness")

No comments: