Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Icredible Vanihing Me

Yesterday when I went back to the coffee machine to get my second cup of coffee I was ambuhed into a work intervention--you know: an intervention where people who care deeply about you get you alone, usually surrounding you and then confronting you with'straight' talk till you do the correct thing.

I have been charged by the boss for a couple of months to come up with a plan which will re-invent me and my job so my funding agenciees will flood back to me and give me large amounts of money. I have not come up such a plan because I don't have anything t sell the agencies which would want to make them buy back into to our program. I could try to old razzle dazzle , which is basically 'smoke and mirrors' selling the vendor something which just is not there. I sorta have an issue with that. The boss then charged one of my office mates to assist me. This person is incredible and highly motivated sort of "Rah Rah" but I have alot respect for this person. I pretty much avoided her as well as Frank, money guy in the office , ho also, got the assignment to talk to and reinvent me and that is what brought about yesterday's
intervention. I tried to passive aggress my way out of the event no go. I finality agreed to try doing it there way was doing a surrounding state survey to see what they are doing for the ame sort of project I am involved in. I learned some things of interest most of which is that i doubt i will be working here after July and I really am not all that worried which is a little puzzling to me I think I will still be employed...just not here.

so the boss is back her trip today and still nothing has happened--I think we are all just waiting till the end game starts when we find out just how much money, if any, the legislature left which makes me feeel more and more invisible.

No comments: