Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who?


I have been trying to locate someone from my past for a couple of years now. Since Face book has come on the scene I have been able to locate a number of folks I thought I would never be in contact with again. One way I have done this little it of detective work is to think of someone we knew in common, a friend or family member and search for them and maybe they will lead me to the person I am searching for.

Dennis is on of the guys I grew up with, he was strange like me but only a lot smarter. Dennis was a year older, socially inept but Ok to hang round. I have been trying to get hold of him for years to no avail—So yesterday I remembered a couple brothers in the same ward as Dennis and I and maybe they might be in contact with Dennis. I was pleased when after I entered their name into the FB search engine their pages with images and everything popped up. I cannot believe I had not tried to contact Norman or Duncan before. Of course they barely resembled them selves as I remembered, but they still lived in the same city, same high school so they had to be the same. These kids were first generation English and this was the time of the Beatles which made them that much more cool. I was not close to either but I knew who they were.

So I was surprised when I got the message back from Norman that”he should know me but tell him more.” At least he responded even if he barely remembers me. I have sent back more biographical detail and we'll see. I think getting to know Normal will be fascinating he had definitely changed as have I but maybe just maybe he can lead me to Dennis .


No comments: