Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Parrell Univeresis



Wednesday morning, and indeed, it this week is becoming a long week but as they say today is “hump day” and I am feeling I can make it to the weekend. I kinda felt I had better follow on the trip to the wheelchair shop. Luckily the foot plate, the platform, I have been using to support my feet, th device which came with the chair, has not been taken off so I removed both hangers and returned to using the plate. I left the office and hopped the 200 Southbound and got into Bad Ass Coffee and to Magic rest way before (20 minutes) way before my appointment which was 4:00 pm.

I kinda of had been building myself up ever since I made the call for the appointment that I knew they were going to try to screw me and I was going to have to hold my ground if not get a little bit offensive. So I rolled in with” my shields up”. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Since the part I needed was already in station it was just a matter of having the technician install the piece. At first the tech was going to charge me for one hour's labor which would have been $84.00 and that just was not right. I did not have to say anything. Magic Rest did it right and blew off the shop fee and installed the broken piece. So, the only thing I really spent was the using of “sick” time.

So, thee Leg hangers are on and I continue to get “used” to them. The discomfort stage is over however I am still getting used to my feet being parallel to each other. I actually kind of like the feeling it gives me. What I have notice is how many other folk have noticed how straight I look sitting in my chair. So the back, leg hangers and cushion are in place and seems to be making a difference. I still have the Sales rep I have been working through coming to meet with me and my physical therapist this coming Friday to tweak” the chair and the new parts so everything will work together. I am having a it of an issue as to how I appear in thee chair. I feel like I really look more gimpish then I have ever before. I don't know I think it's how my feet look: so parallel so un-natural to how I have looked for decades. But, will give this new look the benefit of the doubt and see where it takes me...

No comments: