Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Gift


 
 
 
 
It is Sunday afternoon a little after one o'clock and it's about time you go back down to my bed for another day of healing by staying off my butt, almost all week now I've been on bed rest for more to the point butt rest. I know it sounds quaint but this is one of the most difficult things I've had to do in quite a while. I know, I should be thankful, that I can resolve this issue, this medical issue of butt cellulitis I just stayed in bed--for however long it takes. I mean no surgery, little hospital time not bad, enough annual and sick leave to cover whatever you need. I really am blessed I should act more thankful for dodging a major bullet as I did but still there is a part of me that sees the days outside my window, even the rainy cold days and am resentful have spent a major portion of this beautiful autumn, down in bed quietly listening clock tick tock the day away. I really feel this sick time has been good for me. I am doing a little life valuation and realize I may have just come to a fork in the road and made a decision to live. Now, I just have to figure out how to live under a new regime of physical conditioning or lack of physical positioning. Trite as it may sound, I have been given the gift I just need to figure out how to best use this gift.

It's Sunday afternoon and I must return to the bed shortly for quiet sunny Sunday afternoon of reading and napping and fighting to keep my spirits up. I'm being such a boob I really damn lucky.

No comments: