Wednesday, October 10, 2012


This last week has been a spooky, spooky ride--the whole thing from how fast the cellulitis developed to being hospitalized, to be an inpatient at University Hospital. But what was really spooky to me was how severe my illness became and how quick and how relatively okay I felt during this whole process. This event is really frightening me I'm still sifting through a lot of what happened, and what really happen happen the way that it happened. I came away from that institution, quite frankly, frightened of not one particular area of the whole complex after-hours during the darkness something malignant moves at the University hospital. I would never have believed it had I not experienced it firsthand. Interestingly enough I've heard this before, not necessarily the specific words, from other folks with spinal cord injuries that I work with in the past. They hated the place, and I couldn't figure out why now I know. The whole place is Stephen King novel wait to be written.

Early this week, meet appointment with my practitioner under the direction of the docs that looked over me during my days in the hospital. I really thought Katia would send me back to the job: wrong! In fact my practitioner sent to me to 10 more days in bed on believable. So on the way back to bed after being up for bit be down for the rest of the day. I really try to be compliant it's really hard on me but there I go.

OH. Before I forget the image I have chosen for this post is an image Dianne took of me in the emergency room. Literally seconds before this picture was taken my blood pressure was great as having no problems then all the sudden I spiked a monstrous blood-pressure--I didn't feel bad I would have known if it happened than not that either the time, naked and Diane witnessing the red bloom exploding on my chest. I look a lot worse in this image then I really felt but it sure was an eye-opener to me that something was happening that I should take very seriously.

No comments: