Sunday, October 07, 2012

Code!!!

 
 
The Amazing Gamma Rays with Kerry the head free radical

So much has happened since I last posted , where to begin actually, forgot that I did a mini post at some point during the hospital experience because I did not want to get too far behind and I feel folks out there wanted to know my disposition.

So it all began last Friday night, not this Friday night but the Friday night before, DD and I have been out, to concert of sorts, of an old band he used to support: the Gamma Rays. It was a great evening but not quite what we expected, somewhat disheartening but still not that--I think I read a post regarding that evening very soon that evening deserves posting. But on the return home and getting ready for bed DeeDee on checking my rear end noticed a raised hard lump. The lump was not there the night before so there was some concern. So, I knew this would be another lost weekend and I would be in bed until next Monday in hopes that my butt would refresh the hard nasty tissue turned something. So the following Saturday was spent in bed and the lump grew and DeeDee and I both became concerned and when Sunday morning came and I was no better not worse we decided to drop in to the local InstaCare and have them lance the artifact. So the concern worsened when the medic at the doc in the box wouldn't even touch me. He directed me posthaste the University hospital where" they can handle this that's what they are there for." So, we trundled up to the University on a perfect fall after.

Actually, the emergency room went swiftly but to my surprise they did not lance my bottom but admitted my butt. It seemed like I had a major cellulitis, was running a fever blood pressure was up and I was kind of in the danger. All the above I did not want to hear a perfect fall afternoon. Thankfully DD was at my side the entire time acted as my advocate when I really needed one worship me to act the my own but I didn't either way we working as a team. Now of course I was admitted to Medicine, where they did okay stuff all the right stuff for sick able-bodied person like I got the oppression the you know what or how to deal with the guy wheelchair specifically quad. But, we muddled through and they began to administer bag after bag after bag of antibiotics liquid death from above work organisms inside. Each bag took about seven hours drift through due to the intensity of antibiotics death they said they learned to do this is when group quicker the veins burned, literally! Add on to this, every much into turning me every two hours which is the old hospital joke" wake patient and see if he's tired?" I thought the attorney was an issue of pressure release but it was explained to me that the turning also My blood next up so clots would have a more difficult for me--great to know. So, I saw Sunday night dawn into Monday morning and experienced appraiser professionals like I've never seen. It seemed like every hour a new professional would walking, introduce themselves, asked essentially the same questions as the ones for. They were all kids--I know this is a learning hospital but still--the docks from medicine, folks from rehab, folks from OT, social work and on and on and on. Since my name begins with S that means my food delivered and" S" time meaning cold food that should be hot, bread that has gone to crust everything seems to be tasteless. Granted that may have been me and my taste buds loaded with antibiotic.

Monday night drifted into Tuesday morning on a river of death. It seems one of my nurses whom I shall call Nurse Mengele was skilled at lethal one-liners set to kill any conversation. Nurse Mengele was dark foreboding and work the night shift--night shift itself spooky especially in hospital the size of the University medical center. DeeDee and I fulfilled menacing nature of Nurse Mangele which we did not even share each other till the following day in the darkness I was terrified. I kind of still think I should be looking over my shoulder. Tuesday was filled with more drip antibiotics the hordes of medicine. However seem to be responding and seemed might be able to leave the following day Wednesday. That sometime during the afternoon Surgery showed up-- clearly the house superstars referred to as Seinfeld  and Costanza hemmed and Hawed through me on my side, poked and decided, bedside surgery, this point nothing seems to phase me I just said sure go for it and they did. Now this" surgery " was nothing more than lancing the mass to see if there were any pockets of fluids drained. Now since my arrival to the hospital I had been spiking temperatures some as high as 104° and the word from the docs and the surgeons was that if I could go 24 hours without a temperature above normal I could go home I had a goal.

I was sure by the time you suffer through another night on the Dark Ward that I had done my tenants and penance and I would be let go. The surgeons were in bright and early Wednesday morning and said look good so will keep the another day just to be sure, just to be sure. I felt" okay" have done this much why not another day. Half an hour later the medicine docs came and said I could go home I had ~what surgery said clearly medicine did not like that but surgery rules..DeeDee went home to shower and take a fast nap. How she was gone, the comedy team surgery: Seinfeld and Constanza waltzed back in my room and said I could go home--I was delighted. I was released with a bag full, a brown paper bag full, of oral drugs equivalent to what they've been dreaming in my arms for the past couple days. I was to keep on this regimen for the next couple of days or weeks whatever I was gone.

It was kind of weird as soon as the decision has been made that I was leaving, no more room interruptions from anybody medical which is all right by me. Dianne needed sleep so I hung around till fourish escaped together. Home, home, home.

Now, I am surprised that I definitely feel something dark lurks at University medical center a stigma as dark and foreboding as any Stephen King novel. I don't want to go back not even to rehab but I'm going have to that's where my insurance tells me to go. I think if I go during the light I'll be okay. Good to be home with Dianne, I seem to be getting better more so that I am anticipating returning to work tomorrow--shall see. This is a capsule of what happened on my hospitalization I'm sure I'll discuss things deeper in the near future is one to get this much out thank you all for being so patient.

No comments: