Saturday, October 20, 2012

Getting back in the game!

Looking down on the new cushion and armrests of the refurbished power chair.


I am up! In fact that been up most of the day since rising this morning at about 10:30 AM. I'm actually trying to a crease my ability to be up since I'm trying to get back to work this coming Monday morning. I didn't go back to work last Thursday obviously, Dianne and myself did not think my skin ready yet. I'm a little bit concerned about how slow this healing process has been and I must point out how much Dianne's positive attitude has been to be during this healing process. I freely admit I've been close to throwing in the towel--I just don't see my physical well-being been that much better in the coming weeks and months years. I hope I way off on this and that all medical attention I've drained off system last few weeks will make the difference into my ability to work till February and my retirement. But I have found out in this amount of time I've been off work I'm ready for retirement I don't need the guilt of work anymore or should I say the guilt of not being work anymore. I mean given the opportunity I would not return to work now even if my butt heels of hundred percent. I know that's extremely shallow but it's true.

So I've been in bed almost the entirety of the last 10 to 14 days it's been hard but I keep to myself extended time down will be more than worth it with the ability to be up and ability to work in the coming weeks and months. I don't think I would've made the laying ordeal nearly as well as I did if not for my tablet and technology and access to the Internet made the days of bed rest bare-able. I think being able to connect hourly with Facebook or twitter allowed me to survive. I'm still a little worried as to the durability of my butt but as things would have it the insurance went for the rehabbing of my wheelchair particularly with the new cushion. The cushion looks pretty good except it's huge, sitting very high in the chair. I know this is how it has to be but I'm really concerned of my ability to be able to transfer up to this new cushion. I think, I will be able to make the lift eventually, but it will take some time I believe in getting to that point.
Tomorrow I will actually get dressed and try to figure out how to mount the new cushion. I'm hoping the cushion is so good that my butt healing process might even continue even while sitting in the chair at work. I don't know if I want to play the card of been so fragile that I have to leave work early in the day to get home get off my ass but maybe if things seem rough getting back into the swing of everything.

Not to be too cheeky but seems like I might be getting back in the game sure hope so because I'm feeling the game getting back in me.

No comments: