Saturday, February 16, 2013

Done!

I'm done, so ends the week, the last week of my work life ended yesterday at 4:30 pm, actually a little later because I got caught working the phones later then I wanted to on my last night at work. I don't know why but it seemed most of the operators were gone yesterday afternoon. The whole day seemed weird--I don't know why, maybe because yesterday WAS my last day.

I started the day like any other workday, dragging  myself out of bed, shaving my head and face making my burrito and noodle breakfast, getting dressed and heading out the door for my bus. I of course stopped at Starbucks and said my farewells and got my Friday latte, this one free because
today  was my last, day/week.  211 was 211 and phone calls, regular calls--lunch was ordered from China Chow my order of beef and  vegetable was good, I guess it was good-- it was just the 211 staff at first then a chocolate cake was introduced and the rest of the United Way staff wondered into the room for cake. There were a few comments of this an that bout me leaving but not many. I am thinking maybe because I am not really leaving, I am coming back on Mondays to volunteer and so it was not good bye just "bye" until later. It feels weird, I get a call late in my last "real" shift, I had not had the time I wanted go clean and arrange my work space, it did not happen. I basically left it. Delys cleaned my space a little and Liz said good bye till next week when I come back, a week from holiday Monday and that was that. Amy, the boss, had left earlier and said good bye and left, I was late for my train so I zoomed out and was gone. I of course missed my train and was running very late.

Dianne was waiting for me patiently when my train pulled in with the van open and the lift deployed--she wanted to go to dinner, a steak dinner, but needed to get home to my accessible  bathroom. I killed the night. we watched recorded movies and television for the rest of the evening. A quiet night for a strange, last day.

No comments: