Sunday, February 03, 2013

Tick Tock


Blog February 3, 2013

I really meant to get this posted yesterday and but hey, i was my birthday, what can I say? It's not like we did anything huge—Dianne was all up to going out every couple meals but just couldn't get excited about anything. Dianne made me a great breakfast of baking soda biscuits, bacon and eggs great coffee and toast. The breakfast recognition was really all I needed. I received many salutations of the day from family and friends on Facebook and my older brother Ross actually called. I was pleased and surprised. Ross even sent the card with 20 bucks taped to the inside. Now, this is amazing behavior and I'm really impressed not only getting a card, writing out the message, and affixing a $20 bill and then posting the whole thing to get to be by my birthday, quite frankly I am blown away but extremely pleased. We seem to be building a closer relationship as we age and that is very interesting. We spent the rest of the day watching recorded movies and a couple of DVDs. It was a nice day.

Retirement which is been distant, very unreal, point my calendar up until yesterday has now become very real by turning 62 retirement clock is really began taking. Have less than two weeks now show up for work, answer phones and help people on a regular basis. Even though I have agreed to volunteer once a week I know that once I have separated from the State things will be different. I don't know how I just know things will be different. I'll be more of a guest at 211. I assume I'll continue with my friendships especially in my close pod but even those relationships will change as I come in less and less. No one volunteers for ever and I doubt I would ever work for 211 as a regular Joe. 211 Is Changing Way too fast becoming corporate way to corporate for even me to work for especially for money. I just don't need that kind of stress if I can avoid it especially at this point in my life.

February 16 is a Monday the first Monday of my retirement and I plan to work by first volunteer shift that day but what will I do on Tuesday, Wednesday and the rest of the days. Oh I think thefirst week, month will be busy and therefore I will not have to worry too much about what to do with my time, my days my life. I think I have to have something to do every day: structure. I can see myself passing away my life if I don't be careful. I want to write, now I will have time to write. I want to sketch, draw and paint now I will have time to sketch draw and paint. I want to work on my woood and now I will have time to work on my wood. Perhaps most of all I want to work on my physical condition you know loose the weight, add some muscle and become more independent. So I will have to wait for the novelty to wear off and then kick my life into care and structure the rest of my life. I know I can do this just keep tuned to see how


No comments: