Sunday, February 17, 2013

What To Do??



It's not a bad Sunday for the first Sunday in my retirement life—I just have not done anything productive except get up and get dressed. We were going to go out and do some shopping for groceries and other things but sort of run out of energy as we put together our chicken salad sandwiches. I'm glad we at least made the sandwiches from chicken we froze last week. Was pretty happy to use the new rocker knives Dianne ordered for me a couple weeks ago. The knives are small but I think I will enjoy food preparation with these devices.

Interesting, the more sleep I am getting the less clouded I am regarding my life in retirement. I'm beginning to think of things I might be able to do and feel excited about doing these things. Things like doing more interview shows for the Internet. I really still want to do the interviews: “the gimp on the street” interviews along that same line the interviews with notable people with disabilities. I still feel them passion with this concept people with disabilities were just living their lives successfully, quietly but remarkably. I would not necessarily do the” super crips” but would not necessarily shy away from doing that interview because the individual was a “supercrip”because oddly enough many of those I deem “ super crip” are pretty damn interesting people. So this group of interviews would be with people in my life. I was wondering if I could do this with individuals for say U D D C interviewing various individuals with developmental disabilities in Utah or develop a similar project focusing on positive closers of U S O R clients. I just don't know how I would sell this to the various people who would have the money to pay for such project. Yes, I do want to charge something for this or I want to get something out of this or project like this. This may be I can do something for trade. I was thinking possibly interviewing people for specific DME provider I. E. Magic rest medical, Peterson medical, or similar operation. The just seems to be so many places I could take this concept if I could sell the idea to the rightful. Anyway, this thinking was enough to encourage me into believing retirement may not be as bad as I might have anticipated. Still, I have not really experienced retirement per se but with it being the middle of a holiday weekend will have to see what happens come Tuesday.

The course there is the old standbys once the weather warms a little dries out I plan to get back to the garage and redevelop my hook project, or put together my best pieces of poetry and develop a book and see if I can get V S A to publish it and finally to work on my “Burros of the Apocalypse” project. So I have things I can do and I have the rest of my life to do these things if I can just keep my focus. Keeping my focus now that's what's really scary.

No comments: