Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gang Of 10




We are a blended family, we're a mashup family, their families large part made by adoption of one sort or another but we are a family and are coming together. We're family is now scattered all over this great country coming together for a reunion is no small feat. I frankly don't know how the other kids doing, those who live in other states must pull up the business of the cold for a week or so to make the trek, this year, to Utah. In years past the reunions have always been invoicing. We have made the trek most times for the voice he reunion but there've been a couple times we didn't make it. Car trouble are just plain poverty we didn't make. I don't I will even considered going downto Colorado or Kansas or Illinois. These guys always made the trip out to Boise and now to Salt Lake.

I'm feeling the reunion is coming together. I shlepped together a Facebook page and oddly enough people are reacting to it positively. The pages be liked and commitments are being made and Facebook. This is great for planning the event. I called my sister Leah this morning and she gave me some great ideas to consider . I've already decided, with Leah's help on a spot for the evening meal Friday night before the reunion. We still have to put together some events that well entertained younger family members hopefully will be able to put something together that will be viable, memorable and fun. Mark A has volunteered to run a sound system and I want to see if I could give him to assist in the legacy portion of the event. I must confess I feel a little bit spooked because the event seems to be coming together to easy. But, we'll just have to do the best we can; people are going to show up that's for sure if we do nothing more than sitting around tables and talk like old people that we will have a successful reunion. If we do more than just sit around and speak to each other well that's just icing on the cake. I hope the Smith family will have many more reunionsbut I don't think we will with the players that are alive now. I was remarking today to someone that I am amazed that all of us are still living. That's 10 kids all alive and relatively good health but that can't last forever. But for now we are family, we are a force to be reckoned with the our gang of 10.

No comments: