Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Reunion 2013




I'm finding one of the joys of retirement is the misguided thought that I have nothing to do. True I did carry on for the first two months about what I was going to do with my life and what could I do to keep busy. Well that is all changed. As I believe I have mentioned I have become involved in the Wellness program because I physical therapy project that does not include a real physical therapist. The wellness program is ran by University rehab takes place in a late hours of the afternoon when there physically accessible rehab gym is open and staffed with a trainer. I did not think I was going to like the program but I have changed. I can see the Wellness is for me. I can use this time to strengthen, work on balance and even lose weight if I so desire… It's up to me. I attend the Wellness sessions three times a week for an hour. However factor in two hours of travel at least it takes the whole afternoon three days a week.

I have also become involved with the local senior center. I don't know how much I'm going to do for these people I'm receiving some weird vibrations and I don't know if it's me or them but I have to find out. I got roped into doing their Facebook I don't know just what that's going to take time wise. I have meetings with their folks tomorrow and the end of the month and we will have the see what they expect.

Then I was contacted by my brother asking me if I could help out with the family reunion is being held in Murray this year. I of course is happy no am happy to be part of this gathering. Frankly, I am pleased that Carl contacted me with this assignment I just hope I can be of service to those I love. Boy, this is mushy. My brother was kind of surprised to see how busy I had become. I was to once I started telling him everything was up to. Still bringing this reunion to fruition shouldn't be that big a deal. I doubt this reunion will be as dynamic as others we have had invoicing particularly since we had some great Parks and a great river. I don't know how many younger family members will be here. We do have a lot of younger family i.e. kids which need to has something to do. I think the old ones for seniors like me just want to sit and talk to the other family members as long as we can but that's not fair to the others so you have to be thinking on what to do on that level. I have set up a Facebook page for the reunion and I hope various family members believe messages and ideas things we can do at this family function. I myself would like to do a brief legacy project which would entail filming as many folks that would be open to telling the story and that story of the Smith family.

No comments: