Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mirror Mirror



Snowfield during the night the long-awaited low pressure system finally wandered in to the Wasatch front. It's not a lot of snow, really just a skiff, but enough snow to make you realize calendar or not winter is hereand lives must be planned accordingly. So with that in mind I turned up the heat in my computer room and have put off getting dressed till after lunch. This is the time a year I must be careful will actually being nude in this neighborhood I always need to be careful, but anyway I hang out naked as long as I can, getting dressed only as a last resort to a day of socialization.

If I sound excited is because I am, I finally got a full-size mirror for the computer room which am little by little turning into my workout or in-house gymnasium. I have one of the mirror to give me an idea of my size especially when I am working out. Last week Dianne actually cleaned out a portion of the computer room and moved by rickshaw into the room. So now I do not have to go out to the garage after I finish my hand bike workout. We tried to get in the Marcy, multi station gymnasium, but there is just not the room so my Marcy will have to stay out the garage for the time being. I have the Marcy set up so I can use it for rows and presses two physical workouts I would love to access on a regular basis. It is just not possible now.

Friday afternoon Dianne and I were at Lowe's checking some materials out when I looked for mirrors it took a minute I found some great pieces of mirror that would work perfectly for my needs it was priced well within the range I could absorb. So we got it. The mayor's heavy and it's big and very awkward to handle. We were fortunate but recalled Bridget that should be able to assist us in installing the mirror. We were very excited when we heard that Bridget to come over Saturday and help us do the installation. This something I left to the women to work out since I know I have no skills in this area even if I had my hands. I was so impressed to see that workout the whole installation process then do it.I would like to say the installation process was straightforward and without issue but that would not be true. The fasteners we purchased were okay but we had some issues with their installations. So between Dianne and Bridget they found the items they needed to install the mirror perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I have the mirror placed on the opposite wall of my rickshaw so I'll be able to see myself working out when I do the rickshaw. This will be very helpful to me particularly as a gauge to see if whether or not I'm losing weight since that is what is important to me at this juncture. I need to lose pounds. I need to be able to get back to doing my ADLs with less stress and I think this mirror will help in that process if not it's just fun to be able look at myself working out… This is the height of narcissism?







No comments: