Friday, March 31, 2023

I Hate Printers

 


I swear of it is so frustrated with the machines my life I'm about ready to kick it in – – not really but I am frustrated. I was so proud of myself by getting the kids letters done by the 30th thinking that old have to do today is to print the envelopes and the letters themselves – – no big deal right? Well of course that was not going to happen. It took quite a while but I he envelopes printed after I could get the printer to find the CPU or vice versa. Then when I went to print the actual letters it was a no go. The computer sputtered and made weird noises and produce documents that were unreadable many cases just half of the letter printed I mean the actual alphanumeric letter. It seems like one of the Jets ran out of ink or something. This was midafternoon when this was happening so I figured I had time if I could find one of my thumb drives I could download the letters pick him up to the computer lab print off the letters with the computer system up there.


The computers are basic junk systems that will do for the regular person and for things like baby printing and things like that if you need to. Their standard systems with portals for for USBs are devices to plug into the computer like thumb drives. The printer itself is pretty interesting it's bigger than most desktop printers is like a business office printer built for speed. I was bummed out however to see there was no paper in the printer – – and this is been the case for the last couple times I've tried to use the system. But, I'm kind of desperate so I find one thumb drive that are rolled over and almost destroyed or may be destroyed. I finagled into the CPU at my apartment and downloaded the letters onto it but when I took about to be computer lab upstairs the computer could find the drive. Later I took the device to Jennifer at the front office and we couldn't find the drive either when we plugged it into her system. I must have 3 drives kick it around here somewhere that I can get my hands on. So the only option though I see is to go over to Walmart after coffee tomorrow and get another thing of ink and print them tomorrow or Sunday. I can justify working on Sunday if it's family-oriented like letters. Hopefully I'll have everything set to be sent off on the 3rd. It really shouldn't be this hard. I even know, if I can remember how I did it, know of a way to post my material in the cloud and then access the material from the cloud from a computer or printer which works. I've done it before I just don't know if I can do it again or even if that printer works upstairs. I guess is the best bet to just buy another computer Inc. cartridge and be done with it.


That was my day pretty much somewhat productive but not much. I would really like to got my letters out but there's hope for tomorrow…

No comments: