Saturday, March 25, 2023

Tap-Dancing

 


It seems my best blog ideas come right after waking in the morning just before I get up. I've written about this before I'm a aware but it's still kind of fascinates me. For example this morning I had some great ideas but I didn't take time to write them down. I take myself out by thinking of going to remember these great ideas when I sit down to the computer to write and of course there's nothing there except the feeling of lost gold. I think my cell phone close to the bed since I use it as alarm clock and everything else we use our cell phones forevermore and it would be easy to reach over by the record application and dictate a few notes. I've done this couple of times and this makes a big difference but I didn't do that today so you're getting me “tap-dance” by way to 500 words.


I did leave the apartment today however I even associated with other human beings. I've been meeting with some of the folks here at the apartment complex across the street for Saturday morning coffee. We fluctuate and how many attend and this morning it was only me. My friend Janet is been pretty consistent but the day she texted and said she could not make it. That's okay with me when I need to get over to the coffee shop almost an hour earlier than usual and see some other folks were usually gone by the time we get. You remember Billie? My neighbor across the hall for a year or 2? Should I start going to the Saturday morning coffee time to be doing something different away from the complex and the people. In fact, we use this time to gossip about her neighbors. It was seegreat fun. So now I go over on Saturday mornings is kind of an honorary to my friend. So it really doesn't matter if anybody else is there from the apartments. It's kind of like spending a few moments of Billie and thinking about our brief time as neighbors. I had a bagel shmeer an Italian coffee. I listened the bits of conversations and watched the dogs and their owners. I'm always amazed at how many people drag their dogs Saturday morning coffee. I'm also amazed at how few if any dog bites erupt. There has been some barking incidents but no real problems.


In my haste to get out my apartment this morning I left my cell phone on the table. I was actually thinking of heading out, catching the bus, and getting a roast for the crockpot. Like many of the other days this week today was cold, damp with threats of rain just enough to keep me apartment bound for another day watching way too much marvel and enjoying my heater and comforts of home. And even got my 200+ minutes accomplished for the week so I didn't work out on the arm-bike even. I did drink my special morning drink and brought some coffee from the coffee-shop and thought about perhaps breakfast that is as far as I got breakfast anyway. The bagel will have to do maybe with a couple spoons of pickled peppers…

No comments: