Thursday, February 01, 2024

Birthday cake!



I got this idea earlier today and it's sort of just been mulling around in the back of my mind but a few minutes ago decided I think I'm going to do it. I know it's going to sound pathetic right up there with my Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas dinners that I make explicitly for myself like I believe it was for a major family event. So anyway I figured tonight if I get what I need for tomorrow morning and get up early that I can have everything mixed ready to go and then have Melissa throw it in the oven for me. Once I get the item cooked then I'd let it cool down and pull it out later that's not a problem. I still have to find my can of chocolate frosting. I know I have one it's in my closet somewhere I just have to find it or put Melissa to work on finding the container. The thing sealed and it's basically sugar anyway it's not like a sealed can of chocolate frosting is going to go bad even those past the used by date. The only problem is this box of chocolate cakes going to make a lot of cake much more than just me but that's beside the point I think I'm going to take extra measures to make sure I have a birthday cake this year. There's no way I'm going to put 73 candles on the cake even if I had 73 candles. That's like four boxes of candles I think there's 20 of those little cake candles in each box.

I just remembered that the sink in the kitchen is backed up totally. I put a work order in early this morning in an effort to be proactive and get the sink fixed but no one showed up today and I was home most of the day actually. So tomorrow if I mix this cake up I'm going to have to be very careful when I get the water to mix up the cake. Hopefully, management will get the Fix-It guy over tomorrow and I'll get a running sink by Saturday. That would be a great birthday present for tomorrow to get the sink fixed happy birthday to me!


I still think I don't like basketball or any organized sport all that much but I have to confess that I have gotten into this habit of watching the Utah Jazz play ball whenever they are televised. I was kind of surprised to find out they had a game tonight. I didn't see it on any of the local stations. It was only when I was looking at something else that I noticed that the game is being broadcast on TNT right after another pro ball game. Tip-off is not even till 8:00 p.m. which is pretty late for the old guy but I will watch what they do until they get so far behind they cannot hope to pull off a win. I am fickle that way. The game is here in Salt Lake City actually, that's why I was so surprised when I didn't see it on any of the local channels. There must be some sort of blocking mechanism when it's in Salt Lake like this particularly if it's already broadcast on a national network like TNT. Still now I have to get my jazz fix in for the night when I know they're playing it just doesn't seem fair

No comments: