Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Day

I sent my brother home today after breakfast at the Village Inn. Paul had spent the night at my brother's place where my mom is currently living. Paul had wanted to spend more time with mom since probably will not be able to get back down till after the Spring. We had a good visit then off he went to his world in Boise. We came home and then got the grand daughter ready for her return to her parents. Dianne did great with Auni's mega visit but I have to admit my nerves were wearing thin. Even with the pup the house has been much quieter. The pup also seems to be enjoying the quiet and just having Dianne and I yelling at her.

New Year's Eve and we are just hanging round the house—no plans to go out. We toyed with the idea of catching a couple of movies but could not even get motivated for that: paranoid that when we were threw and ready to come home the streets would be rampant with holiday enthusiasts just waiting to kill us in a drunken head on. So we are playing it safe and staying in. I have a bottle of Champaign I have been threatening to open for five years now in honor of the new year but never quite get round to using it. It is still early, five hours to go before midnight and we are not even sure we can make it. Dianne just started the holiday call around getting hold of family and friends round the country. I checked in with my brother to make sure he got home Ok and we had a good conversation with my mom and she still reeling from her birthday bash yesterday. She is tired but enjoyed the attention but I think she does need some rest. However, we are already planning a trip to a mexican restaurant in the next couple of weeks.

I am done now with the holidays, glad they are finally almost over and in a way I am ready to get back to work. I logged into my State account this afternoon and I did have a bunch of emails from the boss regarding plans she has for the new year. I was kind of hoping that we as State workers would get Tuesday off as part of the National Day of mourning for Gerald Ford but does not look like it. Oh well, just as well. I finished my latest Stephen King novel this morning. I have couple of more round the house but i think I may hold off for the time being. I picked up a couple of science fiction novels the other day and I may start these for the first reads of the new year.

This year I want to write moire fiction than last, I also want to enroll in a community Education art class, loose weight and just be a better person. Every one HAPPY NEW YEAR..

No comments: