Sunday, December 17, 2006

Snowy Sunday






I know, I know, I missed a day. I the it when I ship a day but I just could not bring myself to sit down and write yesterday. We had some mild family trauma the night before and stayed up to late (for me) and we had the granddaughter spend the night as well and add to the mix Ginger and I was just exhausted yesterday. Snow fell during the night so I shoveled the ramp and did the grocery shopping. Am I whining? Sorry but I need an excuse to cover my lost writing.

More snow fell last night, a lot more snow and I have yet to get out and shovel. In fact I am letting the snow to slow. I only want to shovel once today. I cannot wait too long though or the neighbors will start coming by shoveling my snow for me. One already has. Must have been early because when I looked out at 7:00am the ramp had been done at first thought there only a skiff of snow had fallen but the snow plows kept running up and down the street and I looked again and saw that piles of snow had been thrown up on the sidewalk and sure enough I am sure my neighbor Al had done my ramp and walk. Al’s work was five hours ago and now the whole mess needs to be done again. But like I said, I want to wait till this storm peters out. There is even threat of more snow tonight so, I am just going to pace myself.

It’s hard to believe but this time next week it will be Christmas Eve, all the parties, shopping wrapping and gift guessing well be over—we still have New Years to endure but that holiday is not nearly as stressful as Christmas. I am planning to take Annual the week following Christmas. I have he hours and I need to spend them down now or I will be in jeopardy loosing hours and State employees hate loosing hours. When I reminded staff of this at last weeks staff meeting I sort of got the impression from the boss that she did not approve and it was only after I volunteered I would at least call in and check my calls. I am starting a volunteer this week and maybe I’ll have her cover the phones. I don’t know if I can get away with this plan or not but we shall see. No better way to learn the ropes but to jump into the mix. My experience is that calls tend to lighten quite a bit during this holiday period. I will stall check in and make sure the volunteer and the boss are OK. I do not anticipate any issues.

Have a great Sunday and a great week. I am off to shovel snow and Christmas shop and maybe get to some reading in if I have time and the energy. Dress warm maties and have lots of hot coco on the ready…here I go.

No comments: