Saturday, December 23, 2006

Frenzy



Dianne needed pecans for a pie she is going to make a family member and I wanted to get the track ball to replace the track ball the pup destroyed last weekend. I also wanted to scout some last minute gifts. Dianne went down for a nap so I split off to Sam's club. I was foolish to think something like this would be a simple task the last Saturday before Christmas. The traffic was horrible as I turned onto State street, stop and go traffic but I lucked out and got the lane I needed to make the turn into Sam's club. I actually did pretty good. I did the roll round found the pecans and coveted the huge sizes of everything from pies to NY strips. I cruised the computer items but Sam's did not have the track ball I was looking for. I was heading for checkout when I remember I had lost my wallet which means I had lost my Sam's card. So I had got out of line and made my way over to Customer Service. I was relived to find that replacing my Club card was as simple as replacing my bank card had been. I am also on a cash economy now since I have canceled my credit and debit cards. I have not tried my new bank card since I got it. It had better work because I am going through the $200.00 I got out of the bank Thursday much quicker then I had anticipated.

I thought about driving downtown to find a deli to see if I could find a German sausage I been looking for for my neighbor but since I had gotten out of the house later then I would have liked just headed over to CompUSA. The Comp was crowded but not as bad as Sams's Club had been. I down loaded and got inside and looked at everything I would like then found the trackball I needed. The one I got was $21.00 the trackball I would have really wanted was $100.00 and since I am still feeling the pinch of the lost wallet I was happy with the Logtech.

Here are some images from last night's dinner plus I have included a clip from James mini-concert. We had a good time we really appreciated the boys coming over. We ate,talked laughed and listened. Brooks had leave soon after eating, he still had tons of shopping to do. The boys left about 10:00 and we crashed. We were exhausted but Dianne had produced a perfect roast beef dinner complete with banana cream pie. I had a rum egg nog and I was set to go to bed.

So a little more snow is expected. The phone calls have started regarding who and what and where for Christmas Day events. I am beginning to get nervous. I just don't know how to do Mom. Not much communication going with parts of the family and tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I am sort of glad the stores will be open tomorrow till 6:00 pm.

No comments: