Friday, December 22, 2006

The Last Day





The phones are dead and I am just manning the phones to have coverage until five this afternoon or until the boss turns us loose. I doubt that is going to happen so I am just marking time. I have been training the volunteer/new employee in my office, Dawn. Dawn is learning fast and we are still getting her the equipment she needs do her job. IT was in this morning setting up her computer and dedicating a phone line to her work station. It’s cute Dawn has already settled in and is playing Solitaire. I am always amazed at how much groups have in common: human nature. I justify Dawns use of the games as her getting experience with our computers. I sense she is doing well perhaps a little frustrated that she does not have more to do. Volunteers are a lot like kids. You have to be one step ahead of them. You have to have to keep them busy until they can be come self directed with what needs to be done.

The phones maybe dead but that does not mean there is not excitement. You may remember that our office is located in the same building as the Mexican Consulate. So I could say,”: there is a little bit of Mexico right over my head.” There is an political demonstration out on the sidewalk in front of our building today. There seems to be a rascal bug who is governor of Oaxaca and these folks want him out. I don’t know why they picked today as their day of reckoning but they did. I did some research on the INTERNETI and seems like a nationwide maybe International event. I am impressed , it’s snowing today and it’s cold out there and these are picketing the building since 10:00 this morning. I briefly went out at my lunch break and was handed a flier which says they will be holding a formal rally at 3:30 this after noon so maybe there will be press and some fun adjulation. Maybe the boss will send us home early. Yet, sticking round could be most entertaining.

James my, Cadillac Kid , drove into town last night from Arizona. James is one of my ”other kids” and he is at his real dad’s place while in Utah. But he was very interesting getting together so we are having a dinner tonight for James and brother Charles. Others have also been invited should be sitting down to the table at our house for a fine dinner of roast beef and gravy. James , I understand, brought his instruments and hopefully we will also have a bit of a concert. I will try to get snatches and post on my “Youtube” account. Dianne and I were planning on a fairly quiet holiday season but who knows with James in town anything could happen.

Still no word on my lost wallet, I cancelled my credit cards just a few minutes ago. I am sure the wallet is gone and I have already started filling up a new one. I wonder how long I will be able to hold of this one.

No comments: