Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lost!






This was turning out to be a “not so bad Christmas” actually maybe even a bit better then most—not as much money as I would like, but is there ever enough money? I was touching all the bases, son’s mother’s and visiting mothers, wife’s birthdays. Company holiday lunch, survivor’s lunch various open houses and supporting grandkid concerts and yest don’t forget a puppy in a pear tree.

This morning as I 15 minutes rising which means I don’t get a breakfast but I wasd able to make the early bus and I figured I would have time for a fast breakfast above the TV station. I ordered and went to pay and I did not have my wallet!!! Then I did that instant going through my mine of everywhere I went yesterday and the last time I remember having the wallet. Well, I canceled my order and booked into work. The time was only 7:30 nothing was open so I called Dianne in hopes my wallet was laying on the kitchen table or on the floor somewhere. But of course the wallet was not there. I did my usual thing, log in on my computer then Make coffee and scarf a couple of cold hot dogs I keep in the feezer here at the office just for these kind of emergencies. As soon as the clock stuck nine o clock I started calling round, Utah Transit Authority “lost and found” nothing, then to ZCMI mall “ lost and found” nothing Jeannie Smoke shop and finally to the Food Court McDonalds ( this is where I bought a pile of gift cards) and there was nothing there . Strike outs all the way round. I have lost it or the wallet’s been stolen. So on another extended lunch hour I went to my bank and canceled by bank card and got another and got enough operating cash to get me through the holiday. I am going to hold off canceling the credit card and debit card for just another day and see if anything turns up. I only had about $80.00 in cash in the wallet but the wallet did have my driver’s license and precinct card insurance cards and such. It’s just the little things that live in the wallet which must be replaced.
Dawn started today volunteering. She will be answering phone and helping me here in the office. Dawn is a high functioning person with DD. I think she will be able to do the job the question we are wrestling with how can we hire the woman and not have her benefits messed up? We will hire her at half time with no benefits everyone wins. She lives literally round the corner from the office and is able to walk to work. I’ll keep you informed.
One of the things did over my extended lunch hour was attend my granddaughters concert down in the zcmi Mall. I will try to add a clip from “Youtube” account. I enjoyed being included and supporting the kids. This worked out great since the concert was over lunch and just a couple of blocks from my downtown office. And I’ll leave you with this final clip. I have been downtown a lot this whole week and I have always heard this flute player performing by the City Center” Trax station. He is out in the cold all day blowing on his flute. He has a little gas generator which powers his sound system. For the first time today I noticed he had no fingers…I took this footage and gave him a dollar.

No comments: