Sunday, September 22, 2019

It Works! It Really Really Works!



I was worried. The other day when I did my morning roll through of the community room to see if it been any treats or anything left behind on the sharing shelf I was startled and intrigued to see a very nice slow cooker sitting there on the shelf. It was much smaller than the unit I purchased earlier this year when I broke the other. The other crockpot was just too large even though I still haven't I can't figure out how to use it unless someone is to borrow it for a family function or something. But this unit is exactly what I had in mind and what I needed for me anyway, a single person cooking for myself. Other than a little dust around the lead crockpot looks in perfect condition.

Yesterday, you'll remember the guilt that I had of taking the blue Walmart basket home with me and I was going to take it back to the market. I did that and while I was there I did some more shopping and sure enough when it was time to go ahead number of items in my Big Blue basket and I couldn't let it go. One of the items I got was a $13 roast which I guess a certain like to a half pounds. Think the cost like four dollars odd sense a pound. With the cooler weather, clouds and intermittent rain and fall starting tomorrow I figured why not do a roast. I found one named Chuck. I brought Chuck home and threw them in the refrigerator. I promise myself today I would cook Chuck up-right.

I really should've started much earlier today. I don't think I was intimidated about the whole process think of just tired. Somewhere during the night I dropped my cell phone and did not know that I had. And through the deep hours of the night I started getting pings from people sent me information Or messages or texts. I got one about 3 AM and never really got back to sleep. But by lunchtime I had retrieved enough energy to consider the roast. I figured I would have enough time if I started somewhere around 12 or 1 PM and let the peace of meat cook all afternoon. Getting ready for the cook took me longer than I anticipated prepping the vegetables: peeling potatoes, carrots the dicing both of them up into bite-size bits along with onions and a smattering of other vegetables I had the need to use which would be just right for a roast. Then, I put everything in the crockpot put the lid on and plugged the pot in. Now for the were a part, I had a plug-in for 10 or 20 minutes and when I checked on the outside of the pot it was still pretty cold and I've looked inside still felt pretty cold. I was worried that perhaps the plug-in didn't work either the plug-in of the crockpot or the power strip I have in that corner the kitchen for everything. On the other devices I have plugged into the power trip are getting power so I figure maybe the pot doesn't work so for a test I corrected on the high and one out in did a few things and came back and sure enough, the outside of the crockpot was hot to the touch– – It seemed to work at least “Hi” function did. I turned the crockpot down to “Low” And when outside the afternoon sun and read for a couple hours.

The outside of the crockpot is hot to the touch which is good. However the meat seems still fairly tough which is okay I understand it's only been about five hours really want to cook at a good eight hours and I'm still considering such. I'm using a bag to clean up should not be too difficult.

Interestingly my home health person indicated that I tend to worry too much, this is not the first time I had heard this and I wonder if that's the case are that I'm just a bit histrionic and talk about the possible problems I think I might be having just a little too much either way the crockpot works and having roast all week!

No comments: