Thursday, September 12, 2019

Taking Care Of Business



I was disheartened this morning when I reached down to lock my left arm rest in the place on my power wheelchair to realize the lever which locks the arm to the chair was broken. This is the same fastener that I had Mark Anthony replace a couple weeks ago when the cannibalized apiece from my backup chair. I get so frustrated with the use of plastic in making these, what I think are crucial, pieces of equipment. Today's coffee klatch day And as trivial as this event is I like to be part of it but I had to make a decision of either sadly not the heading south to the wheelchair shop are North on Redwood Road all the way up to 500 S. to the Buffmire building where the U ATP shop is located. I chose the easier the two locations to get to which was U ATP.

Tom the manager of this program was gotten quite used to seeing me show up at is door early in the morning. I had the part packaged in a Ziploc bag and soon found a parts chair which had the piece I needed. Tom was obviously busy and did not offer to make the repair but was willing to give me the part not only the part but the whole assembly if I could find someone else to do the installation. I figured I could the price is right: no charge and is on my way back to the apartments actually making the coffee group just as it was starting. I figured I could suffer with this arm a couple days until I can finagle either Mark Anthony or my brother Carl to come over and make the switch. I was just happy to find a piece that would work. Even though there is no exchange of currency as we know it the price was paid for my early-morning trip. I'd made my mind up to dash down to the shop I checked my cell phone and found the bus is coming in six minutes. So I kind of freaked made sure I had my wallet and other items that needed in my backpack as I was leaving the apartment I noticed my bus pass, which hangs on the end of A lanyard. The past is not hanging around my neck but lying on the backpack on my lap I figured sure enough if I have time before the bus comes I'll secure the pass in my backpack or I'll do that from the bus picks me up were on our way. I thought is hypervigilant to make sure I didn't lose the pass. To make matters worse when I did get on the bus my backpack fell off my lap landed facedown on my foot pedal. I frantically searched myself for the bus pass then when the driver let me off he picked up my backpack and items and do a search as well for the general area for the bus pass. When I returned home from getting the part for my chair I retraced my steps hopefully see in the bus pass but no go. Search the apartment and search by backpack the bus pass was nowhere.

I got by without having to show bus pass in my dealings today. Tomorrow I will check with UTA lost and found with the hopes that somebody somehow found my bus pass and turned it in. I doubt it but we shall see.…

No comments: