Friday, September 27, 2019

Van Go



I still own a 1992 Chevrolet wheelchair van. I've had for at least 10 years probably longer. I used to drive you know then I gave up my license and then I had my stenosis. When I gave up my license I was and I thought was a strong marital relationship. Dianne drove me everywhere anyway and I probably shouldn't have been driving as far as my physical abilities go actually were going. I've always had a love-hate relationship with driving. It's nice to have a vehicle and nice to drive from point a to point B under your own power but owning a vehicle is a lot of expense and a lot of responsibility. I was quite shocked when during the divorce Dianne pretty much forced the vehicle on me. I didn't know that she hated the van. She drove around in it considers a big old truck and she didn't like it. You know it is a big old truck. I kind of like having a van just kind of. Having a vehicle like the van is not worth it for me at this time in my life. I do not drive and hence I must have someone else drive me when I use the van this means that I don't start the vehicle and off and drive around to keep the battery charged. I was even ensuring the vehicle up until about three or four months ago and decided to stop. This was after I had the vehicle registered for this year.

So for the last two years, since I've been here at the apartment complex the vehicle is basically sat out in the parking lot. I like to go out, on good days, warm days, sit by my van and read. I don't know what it is but the van reminds me of being married and living on Utahna drive in Murray. I kind of felt like the old van is my friend is my friend. The van is kind of a anchor to my reality. Actually tried to sell the vehicle more than once the last couple years—it just irks me that the vehicle sits there and drains my resources even a little especially the insurance that really wears on me – – I could never find any real serious individuals plus I felt guilty because even though the vehicles in pretty good shape there are some major issues that I feel need to be considered. It's time to let it go.

As we wander out of summer summer I made to the decision to get rid of the vehicle sometime this winter are before winter. Was even considering just calling the local public radio station and have them come out and pick it up: donation. My housekeeper, a dear 70+-year-old woman is someone who I feel strongly about she's just a survivor. The trouble is with my friend the housekeeper nothing goes right for her that seems and last week got into a vehicular accident in total out her vehicle. I was really pondering giving her the van but I don't think that would have helped her because I think she did some pretty significant damage to her self and I don't know if she should be driving and I don't know if she could be driving my van because it is a big old truck and I can see how load be difficult for her to commandeer. Funny however though, Dianne make contact with me yesterday I believe about giving the vehicle to a contractor she has working for her putting in the new burglar proof door. I think this is a great idea and I can't wait to sign the vehicle over to this worker guy. The vandal make a great work vehicle for a guy Who is a contractor. What a perfect way for my van to live out the remainder of its little life driving around the works bought to work spot carrying the things that this guy needs to earn a living. I will know the vans gone to a better place and I will not have to have the albatross hanging around my neck anymore…

No comments: