Sunday, September 01, 2019

Happy September




Do you ever wish that you had a piece of pie, chocolate cake, chocolate glazed doughnut, not all a once just one of those individually like right now? That's what I'm feeling like right now, at this moment in the middle of this holiday weekend. I have some chocolate chip (chips ahoy) things I got from the food bank a couple weeks ago and they might do if these get too needy for the boy. The trouble is, like everything else in my life not good for me. I don't know if I told you are not the last time I went to the doctor had the workup done the results came back that I was prediabetic! Now mind you, the dock went out of his way to let me know that yes I was prediabetic but just barely I wasn't diabetic yet. The doc said that my basketball belly is indicative of this prediabetic syndrome. (I like this dock but is not spinal cord injury doc per se, so I must take that into consideration). I'm not doubting the guy are trying to second-guess and I'm probably just in denial but come on really? How many more challenges does a 68-year-old man need? I'm certainly getting my chair (excuse the pun). I'm going to be a good boy however and continue my ongoing battle with the scales on my machine and go to the prediabetic class the first of next month and commit to doing whatever the class says. I know for sure the one thing is going to be: lose the weight! Having just written the preceding paragraph I am motivated to make one of the cake mixes I have in my closet. I have two or three cake mixes one I know for velvet chocolate, another “Brownie” chocolate and I think some regular white cake mix. I doubt that I'll make any frosting are invested in any frosting not that it makes a whole hell of a lot of difference at this point. But sometimes cake is just what the doctor ordered, am I being way too contrary? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll wuss out tomorrow in making the cake. I just wanted to say it to see what it sounds like And to enjoy the imaginary calories. I can't even drink milk right now because of the medication of taking for a bladder infection so what good is cake without a tall cold glass of milk? Tomorrow is the first real working day of the month (yes I know it's a holiday but I mean is the day that I feel I can get some work done). I need to find a crew to help me move a bunch of stuff of mine from the old house to somewhere I can go through it separate what I want dispose of the rest. Kind of excited Dianne has included a cast iron frying pan – – one of my favorites I love to cook with this item and now I will again that's enough to make me love this month. I wish to you all my readers a wonderful September

No comments: