Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday's Smile



Not a bad day today as Saturdays go. I put nearly 3 miles on my chair which isn't bad of gotta be careful though I can sense the rocking motion of my chair irritates my rear end and I need to be careful. However, it was Saturday and I wanted to do something Saturdayish. I have been suffering with the side of my chair most of the week if you remember and I texted my brother that I do some assistance and sure enough he was already on his way. As I figured it was a quick fix with the part that I'd gotten earlier in the week from the parts shop just a few twists of the screwdriver and I had a secure site again.

By the time that I got done with my brother I realized I still had not gone across the way to check out what might be available at today's food bank. It was nearly 12 o'clock by the time I got the food bank, thankfully there was no line to have to deal with. I didn't choose much this week most of the options were caloric, starch and sugar. The girl was embarrassed that I chose not to take any meat product because all they had was pork and canned chicken neither of which I very much wanted. A few minutes she brought out to frozen chicken breasts and thrust them in my basket. In the end, against my better judgment, I accepted the peach pie promising I would consume it over the weeks time and that it wouldn't be too negative to my weight gain. I hope. I did get plums and real peaches and a sack of potatoes. I do appreciate the fresh fruit from local trees as many fruit trees come on and conscientious owners bring the fruit to the food bank where it is distributed to people like me. I did okay.

I felt I should be spending more time out so I elected to take the bus down to Walmart and do a little shopping. I had a list to work off of necessities such as bar soap “antibacterial” and skin lotion for my legs on the heels. …I noticed today I'm getting all. I also got some tinned meats or fish if you like. Two kinds of kippers. I like smoked kippers. I had a lot to one time which I think I waited too long to eat. I had had the kippers more than 10 years and I tried to and just one or two of the cans and they just were not really edible. It still tasted like smoked kippers but the consistency was really poor almost like fish mush. I'm going to eat these new kippers quickly with crackers I got the food bank a whole row of Ritz crackers.

Like I said today was a good day. Still worried about my butt and hopefully have not done any damage to severe. I'm thinking I may have to have my home health person, Annette put a dressing on my rear end or she will do that after we have the talk. Tonight I watched American werewolf in London I don't think you ever sat through the whole show kind of primitive but entertaining to the point. I'm quite pleased with the work my brother did on my chair I love having the ability to pull myself upright. I think I go to bed early tonight read – – oh that's what I did big time I finished the volume I've been reading by Judy Blume. I have a new book to start which totally excites me so maybe a go to bed early and read looking forward to Sunday

No comments: