Wednesday, September 11, 2019

More or Less



My apartment was relatively clean when my home health person left this morning about 7:30 AM. She elected to vacuum the house fall I was sitting on the toilet waiting for the miracle to happen. My area looked as good as it ever does considering I have carpet which have totally destroyed from three years of cold wet winters dragging filthy oil laden snow in the apartment. There's not much I can do for the carpet except to keep it clean is much as I can I mean with a vacuum. The oil spots and ground in dirt I feel are a lost cause and hopefully my landlord will see the wisdom in point up all the carpet. I really believe carpets are a waste of time for wheelchair people. Anyway, the point I'm laboring to make is that the place looked fairly decent until around 330 or 4 PM when I was backing away from my work area and unbeknownst to me one of the wires to the electrical on on my right front wheel and of course completely cleaned off my work area onto the floor. All of my art pens and other writing items cards books the usual total entropy by the time it hit the rug and I spent the next hour cleaning up the mess one pen and pencil and card in time. I got most of the big stuff up all the fine minutia dirt hit the floor. If I were really committed a drag out the VAC can go after the spotted rug but I essentially shrugged my shoulders and will wait for my home health person are my cleaning lady will be here on Friday to finish the cleanup.

Do you remember a couple weeks ago when I became enlightened and was going to create a opportunity for Valerio family My adoptive family together together and meet and visit one with another. I know just small fraction of the family would be able to gather For such an event but I thought it might work for those relatively local. Really thought this would be relatively simple I started getting roadblocks however when I found that I couldn't reserve the common room here at the apartment complex for that Saturday. Friday I could not Saturday. I started hearing from different folks that it would be difficult. So decided well maybe we could have a function here on Friday night and that would be good or maybe we can have function on Friday night and followed up on Saturday if the weather held over at the Pavilion at the park across the driveway here at the apartment complex. Things begin to complicate I don't like complications. Then there were problems with some folks living far away from might come in and what would we do all that kind of stuff and I could see that this small event was becoming a project that quite frankly I didn't want to have to deal with at this point. So today I put out a text that I was calling off the event scheduled for the last weekend of September. I know I'm a world-class wuss or maybe I got the whole family thing worked out hanging out with my sister couple weeks ago at the Polynesian Festival. Oh I still want to meet these guys especially my brother in Denver he sounds very interesting but now I just don't know when…

No comments: