Saturday, September 07, 2019

Who Knew?



What a fabulous day. When I woke I had one thing on my agenda to do and one thing only now was to travel over to my old home over on Utahna drive to meet with my older brother who has a truck. My ex-wife Dianne had advised me earlier in the week that she had cleaned out the garage and has a lot of my stuff that I needed to pick up if I wanted. I was to meet my brother at the house and we would load the materials into his truck and take over to his place where I then could next we go over and sort through what I wanted are not. To be honest I was a bit nervous to the had not really communicated with Dianne except through text and with been able to communicate really well the last couple weeks. That was the only thing I had to do. However this morning I got pinged on my Texter and it was my old buddy/roommate Kelly who is in town and wanted to know if we could get together. I have a special spot in my heart for Kelly. We met in the dorms of Boise State University. Next year we were roommates were pretty close. Often onto the years we've managed to stay good friends. I did want to see him but at the same time I need to be by brother at 3 o'clock. It took a little finagling but I got to meet up with Kelly and his wife for about an hour to visit it was a great visit. He lives in Ogden now and I knew that but for some reason has not tied it all together is pretty close hopefully will meet more often.

I spent a lot of time waiting for buses instead of just drive my chair straight from IHC hospital to my old house. I had a good charge in my chair I'm sure I could've made it without issue but still I was a little gun shy so I took the buses and got over to my house about 10 minutes after three and luckily my brother had not been there yet. Dianne had put my materials altogether in one spot and cover them as a protection from the rain. I didn't realize they were home but I texted her to let her know I was there not to worry about the noise and she came out. It was really great to see her and we hugged and communicated it was grand. We really are each other's best friends still. I brother came up shortly thereafter and we did a cursory examination of the materials. A lot of the stuff is junk which I plan to throw away Monday or Tuesday and were his house. But we loaded the materials and send him on his way I was totally grateful that he helped me with this project. Dianne and I visited more talk about family and had our life's been up to the past couple years. Then it was time to go ahead number of buses the catch to get back to Taylorsville in my butt was beginning to hurt.

This has been a full day one that I did not expect to go the way that it did. I feel so fortunate to spend time with my brother I always like to have a reason to spend time with my brother the more important than that renew acquaintances of two old friendships to friendships I hold dear…

No comments: