Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Garage Attack!



Another vacation Wednesday and it’s hot. I really need to get out in the garage and do some wood working. I have been able to do some but I need to get to my power tools now and do some serious ripping and maybe even turning. So, I ended calling Mark A this morning. Mark A informed me he had some things to do but could make a couple of hours to look at the garage. I said that was fine with me-anything would be appreciated.

I had some time so I decided I would post Mom’s weekly at a mailbox in the neighborhood. I jumped into the power chair and was off. I must confess that the letter 90 percent yesterdays blog concerning the backed up sewer. I changed the beginning and of course the ending but the body of the letter was pretty much the same. Is that wrong?

I found the mailbox almost to State street and since I was so close I decided to venture further North and visit the new credit union in our neighborhood. I was totally excited when the built this credit union in the neighborhood because it the credit union where I actually have an account. I went in and transacted some business—just because I could. I cashed a check and pushed onward to the neighborhood Office Depot. I roamed round there for a while looking or bargains or anything I just might desperately need. Finding none I retuned home.

The heat today is already much warmer then yesterday’s. Today is going to be hot and I am going to stay out in the heat for as long as can stand it. I stayed out in the garage when I returned. I had a number of broken hooks which needed repair. As I have indicated elsewhere I can at least access the table vices and my drills and hooks. I can do a little bit of work and I was when Mark a walked into the garage. I am sure that cleaning up his father’s mess of a garage was not high on his list this morning when I called and asked or some assistance. E he came and we launched into the task at hand. We moved boxes and boxes out into the driveway so we could free up some floor space. I was able to find a number of tools I have been missing for a year or so.

Dianne had to take Anakah to swimming and do some business so they took off in the van. Dianne really needs t be at the clean up site to say what stays and what goes but we did pretty good. I did throw drawers, two giant black plastic bag of plastic junk like old Tupperware and other food storage container we have collected and really needed to let go. The important this is that we got task started. We librated my table-saw and I found my two huge rasps which will make working on the wood much more simple.

We still have lots of junk to go through and boxes of magazines, books, tapes and clothes, lots of clothes and we will and who knows I may be even able to access my lathe by August. Mark A moved most of the boxes back into the garage, but now the boxes were ordered and stacked. I had much more room to navigate my space then when I started.

I don’t do well in the heat. I frazzle and today I really frazzeled. I remained in the garage after Mark A had to leave. I continued to mess with some wood and when Dianne got home I finally pushed a few remaining items back into the garage, lowered the door and came into the cool of the house. I was dizzy—this happens when I get super-heated but I am looking forward to spending the rest of the summer in my garage.

No comments: