Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow





So today I have to write, It’s Sunday the last day of my three day weekend and I have to log some creative home-time. Tomorrow, I have to really start putting together the` “e-newsletter”. This project is sitting on my chest like a Stephen King character. So, I need to do the newsletter, the broadcast and the year end report and still do my regular job of answering phones, meeting consumers as they wonder in, and mixing with staff. This is stupid. I am hoping I can limit my pieces to 500 words or so. I think the first edition is going to be somewhat limited: just enough to introduce the newsletter, the broadcast and concept; and if I can pull all that off I will be happy and impressed with myself. So if I don’t get to the articles for the newsletter I cannot really do anything else. I wish I would have done it yesterday

Snow came last night the first real snow of the season and already the snow is gone but the snow was falling with a vengeance when I got up round 7:00 this morning. I made coffee and turned on NPR and made Sunday sounds and enjoyed the morning. Dianne still would not be up for a couple of hours so I occupied my self with a little kitchen clean up and preparation for breakfast. We shopped yesterday and one of the items we purchased was day old cinnamon swirl bread a small loaf just the size for French toast. I cooked the whole loaf using just 5 eggs. I roused Dianne out of bed just as I was finishing the last two pieces of toast- I wanted her to enjoy her French toast , fresh and hot. I had kept the coffee hot. Sad, the snow is all but gone now—there are traces here and there, on the van in the crevices of tree limbs. It looks as if the front yard pants have all survived even the elephant ears. It may be just my imagination but everything outside, which is supposed to be green looks much greener and much more healthy. I am sure just a prelude to a “killer frost” which is just round the corner—typical.

Lee the Asian Direct TV installer finally finished the work yesterday afternoon with the installation of bright, shinny Direct TV, cable and specialized programming 24 hours a day. Lee is an interesting little guy, a person from Viet Nam, his English is a challenge for me to understand. I even hung up on him the first time he called the house to advise us he was ready to come over and do the installation. I thought he was a wrong number. Even in person it is hard to follow what he is saying but one can if you totally focus on him. But he did the job having to return to the house three separate times.

I have to be careful now! I can waste a lot of time watching the tube. However, I am intrigued there seems to be a lot of features, I have to learn, which will allow me to enjoy the shows I really am interested in anytime I desire. This could be too cool. Still could be dangerous to my already seemingly limited time constraints.

No comments: