Monday, December 08, 2008

Autumn Snow

The snow is tumbling from the sky like a 1980’s love song, you know, snow turns to rain on Christmas Eve while reliving a old time love affair, which did not happen but should have. The snow has been tumbling all morning. I knew it was supposed to snow but I did no think there was going to be this much snow—luckily the earth ism still warm from the past couple of weeks of autumn heat the snow will not lay down. However, that is changing now I have noticed the past hour the snow IS beginning to lay down. The grass outside my window is now white and the median in the street has a white skiff of snow. The temperature is holding right at 32 degrees and I think that is making the difference a few more hours of the snow and the 32 degree temperature and I’ll be riding home in the snow.

This is not going to be a big snow, I already know, the weather guy said so, but this is a precursor to change to our weather pattern: mean, dark cold storms setting up to :”march” through the region beginning the end of the week. Storms forecast for the next three weeks even Christmas Day!! Of course I will believe all of this when I see it with my own eyes. However, a cold white Christmas would be a nice twist to the season. It’s almost two in the afternoon and I am hoping and almost praying the snow stops by six when I have to leave for home on the train.

No comments: