Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanks--happy Birthday






I have said it a million times—I don’t write to be recognized, I write to force myself to write in hopes that some day I will be a writer. I doubt I will ever be a “writer” with tweed jackets and elbow patches and a pipe but I continue to write when ever I can for the pleasure of writing. So, I don’t look at my page every day with the hopes that someone has written a message or something; I am pleasantly surprised when I do see an indicator that someone has left a message and even more so when that someone is not a brother or sister of nephew or niece type person. Not, that these folks are comments are not credible or appreciated it’s just they are family and usually they have to love you and accept you. So, I was pleased yesterday when I was looking at my blog and noticed a comment and the comment was a long comment -actually the comment was a blog entry in and of itself.

The comment was written, I believe, by one of best friends, especially in grade school. He did not sign his comment but he left just enough identifiers I know who it is. He is a consummate professional having careers in the Unions and the Federal sector. He is a professional and lives and acts like it. He is smooth and calm. I don’t think I will ever be a professional like him; I am just too “un done”. I am so “un-done” I am honored that he would leave a comment like a rock star or Palin stopping by the blog and leaving me message. He is methodical, logical and empirical. Here is an example, of how cool he was, from my blog of a couple of years ago. In fact when and if I do write a life history or a novel of my child hood, I think I could easily conceive a couple of complete volumes of just my life and times with friend his brother and my brother. So thanks for writing, thanks for stopping by and saying “hi”. Merry Christmas to you as well and hopefully I can visit with you more this Christmas season.

Today is Dinne’s birthday we are cooking and staying home to enjoy the day. Dianne, Bridget and Anakah and I are baking cakes, bread and shrimp etouffee and having a pretty good time. It snowed this morning and there is still more snow forecast for today and tomorrow and beyond. Dianne brought in arms full of wood last night for the stove. Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Happy Birthday Dianne…I love you.


http://meadowlarksmind.blogspot.com/2006/04/birthday.html

No comments: