Monday, December 01, 2008

Squirrelly

I am waiting, patiently waiting for my durable medical dealer o get back in touch with me to give me a status on the purchase of a new power chair. I understood that Brent was off all last week, it being a short week with the holiday and all but come on. It’s the new week, people are back from grandma’s even with the air port closures in the Mid-west from cold and snow a good salesman would be back in the saddle. I am escalating by focus to order my new power chair since I am running into dead ends I have been trying all day to find a used or rebuilt motor but there does not seem, to be any such motors anywhere. The best I have been able to find is an outfit in Whittier ,California who will actually rebuild my motor but I’ll have to take my motor off and send it to these folks who will do the rebuild and send it back. Great, but what do I do for mobility in the process? The main cost of the rebuild would be $255.00 and what ever shipping might be involved and I just don’t know how much more money I want to dump into this chair if I am getting another at some time in the relative near future. I may have some options but these folks are also not returning my calls or at least it feels as if they are aren’t responding to my pleas. I am getting back and forth to work OK for the time being my chair is just handling a little squirrelly at the moment.

No comments: