Monday, February 08, 2010

Wworrrk Till I Drop!!

I just found out a friend of got caught in an avalanche over the weekend snapped both legs, nearly died and now who knows how long he will me gimped up and the weird thing about it was he just recently resigned his position as director of a local non-profit agency here in town. He was going to take it easy, maybe do a little skiing, enjoy life a little before getting back in the grind then wham.

I suppose my friend should be grateful that he is not dead because that is what I usually see that happens to those folks who retire seeking to live to good life then wham, almost like clock they blow an artery, aneurysm, stroke or just wake up dead. If it was not so serious it would be funny. This evidence is the biggest reason I am going to continue showing up for work until they lock me out.

No comments: