Sunday, October 24, 2010

BACK ON LINE!!

Finally I'm back, yesterday afternoon Dianne and I were on the NET with our respective systems and suddenly we weren’t. We were getting the dreadeed “cannot find the page” or “you are not connected...” What was happening? Neither of us were doing much more then just “net surfing”. The great Wasatch Front is currently being washed over by a number of cold and wet storm systems. I kind of suspected the problem lay with our carrier and not with the systems, router or the connection. Dianne did however call our carrier and then for the next forty-five minutes worked with the tech support idiot who led her on numerous trip between the desktop in the our computer room and the garage where the “box” to the INTERNET lives. Sanchee or what ever the guys name had Dianne plugging and unplugging cord to the computer , router or 'box' and nothing she did got us back up. The called ended in frustration and an appointment for Monday afternoon between 12:00 and 4:00 pm when some professional nerd will come over look and do something minor and say—“there you go fixed.” and walk a way. We spent a nice quiet night in...actually even before the nice night in we made oatmeal, raisin, cranberry and walnut cookies. I have been craving homemade cookies for the longest time. Following the cookies and some reading time I threw together a fried rice dinner which turned out OK , not stellar but OK for sure and great for a Saturday night.


This morning I made bacon and eggs not bad. I cook the whole package of bacon and then use the bacon the rest of the day and week to nibble on or for meals like BLT s. Sometimes this bacon may be the only thing I have for breakfast, which I grab as I head out the door for my morning bus.Cleaned the kitchen a little following breakfast and then found I was able to connect to the NET but Dianne has not be able to connect as yet. I even charged up my old Toshiba laptop in case I need to use it a bit. I used the older system for quite a while yesterday when Dianne was trying to reestablish out connection. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed using the system. I have found the old Toshiba has a firewire plug. Mark and Jasmine were over briefly on Friday afternoon and he told me the newer Toshiba lapptops did not have this feature. I want to use my old Sony DVD camera to run some broadcasts from home for the other show I am considering producing.So I may just use the older lap top exclusively to produce Meadowlark's World.


The rest of today I plan to make soup ,later on in the afternoon, read some in a new book I started yesterday and work with a video file I am currently trying to down load. For some reason I AM connected but the connection is mosterously slow. Maybe the tech will find something.




























No comments: